|Gender Equitable Programming
CCA is committed to gender equitable programming because we know that gender equality is a basic human right. This knowledge is built right into our co-operative values and reflected in our first governing principle.
We also understand that long-term sustainable development can only be achieved if both men and women can equally access the opportunities and resources they need to be active members in their communities, from individual households and business to national policy dialogues and decisions.
CCA's gender equality and women's empowerment strategy looks at programming from three levels:
- Promoting women's empowerment and leadership in decision-making processes;
- Ensuring equitable access to and control over the resources and benefits of co-operative development;
- Providing gender responsive capacity building for partners and co-operative networks.
We have seen firsthand how engaging women in co-operatives make them stronger more resilient organizations which is why all CCA projects undergo a gender assessment resulting in a gender equality strategy to make sure women and men benefit equally and that no one is losing out. We support specific efforts that target gender equity issues identified in the project to ensure that our programming goals, objectives and activities fully reflect women and men's abilities, needs, interests and level of participation.
Our current programming is focused on:
- Equitable access to finance and women's economic empowerment
- Encouraging women's participation in leadership and decision making
- Recognizing women's work as farmers and entrepreneurs
- Engaging men in support of gender equality
- Enhancing partner capacity to promote gender equality
Other areas of expertise